Wednesday, 6 August 2014

SpaRitual Symmetry and QuickSilver swatches, review and how I wore it.

Second post today: a review of two polishes from SpaRitual Symmetry and Quicksilver and also has a couple of extra pictures at the end showing how I wore Symmetry.

Post contains press samples.



Firstly a little background on SpaRitual polishes: their polishes are five free vegan friendly polish, free from DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin and Camphor.  The bottle is ergonomic and designed by Ferrari, they have a fantastic rubber grip on the handle and the bottles themselves are made from recycled glass.  The range of polishes includes a range of permanent colours with between 4-6 additional seasonal collections released each year. SpaRitual offer a range of fun, modern yet sophisticated shades.  The Signature Collection which these two shades from includes 36new shades


Firstly Symmetry, a pinky nude.  Pictures are two coats, no top coat.








Symmetry  does have more pink tones than the camera captured.  I haven't attempted to tweak the colours, if I attempt to do that I end up with my skin looking as though I need urgent medical assistance!! I should shoot in RAW mode.  Symmetry is unique to other collections in my stash, however it sits in a similar family of colour to Morgan Taylor Polished Up, Barry M Almond and Revlon Lilac Pastelle.  This colour could be a fantastic bridal nail colour.  If I had the skills of Lucie of Lucy's Stash I would have attempted a white lace freehand over this with some small pearls at the base of the nails.  As I am not Lucie, I will daydream about how fabulous she would do it.  The application of Symmetry was great, two coats and it was perfect, it did look a bit streaky on the first coat, but the second one evened everything out.  I think you will be seeing this shade a lot more over the forseeable future!

I was also sent QuickSilver, a silvery slate glitter with two sizes of hexes in a clear base.  I applied one coat of this over Symmetry.





QuickSilver application caught me out on the first nail (I don't often wear glitters as I can't be bothered with the hassle of removal!)  The glitter is very densely packed,   I applied it too heavily and had to remove the polish, base colour and all.  After this I found it easier to dollop a drop of polish onto the nail, quickly clean the brush and then work the drop around the nail.  The formula of the suspension base is thin enough to allow you to do that, some glitters have thick bases, QuickSilver seemed a better formula to work with.  QuickSilver may have a dupe in my stash, I would say it seems very similar to Catrice I'm Dynamite.  I haven't actually worn I'm Dynamite for 11months though so I'm grasping at memories and the photos I took back then!   I didn't add topcoat to this layering so I am not sure how this would have looked with some extra gloss. 

Recently I have been in love with skittlette nails, neutrals and creme finish polishes paired with  studs on my nails, Symmetry is a fab colour and fits right in with these mani's so I wore it this way. 





All polishes used were from SpaRitual.  I dotted pink flower shapes using SpaRitual Magnify, added some gold accents and centres using Electrum, and some small green dots with Delight.  The polka dot nail is Delight dotted with Symmetry.  In real life these feel very much like a delicate, vintage fabric.  The skittlette pictures were taken after a coat of Duri Brush N Go topcoat.  Electrum was purchased by me, other polishes were previously provided for review.
  
You can buy SpaRitual in the UK from SpaRitual.co.uk

3 comments:

  1. Ooohh lovely, I do like a nice glitter. I'd say that you are right about the Catrice dupe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another gorgeous color from SpaRitual ;) Lovely swatches! Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any SpaRituals, but that nude is so perfect, I may have to make an exception. I've been searching for the perfect nude for my skin tone, and that may just be the one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.