Saturday, 27 September 2014

Barry M Guava and Beauty UK Tealed with a Kiss comparison and wear test

I previously reviewed Beauty UK Tealed with a Kiss and mentioned that I thought it looked a lot like Barry M Guava.  When putting them away I compared them in the bottles and thought how alike they looked, so I decided to do a side by side, on the nail comparison and wear test seeing as the Beauty UK range boast excellent wear time.

comparison and wear test

Notice the slight difference in colour?  It was so slight that hubby had to really start at my nails to spot the difference.  I have a picture further down showing which is on which finger.  I applied the polishes every other nail, using a double base to avoid any risk of staining.  I used one coat of SpaRitual Protein Boost and an additional coat of Duri Rejuvacote.  Pictures are shown with one coat of Duri Brush n Go top coat.

Comparison and wear test

Comparison and wear test

After top coating, I left the nails as they were, I added no extra top coats or layers of strengthener and went about my normal day to day activities.  I had intended to wear these for a week, but after three days my left hand looked horrible, I can't stand to wear chipped polish especially when it is so bright.

Comparison and wear test

I had reversed the order on my left hand, so my index finger had Barry M and it looked horrible after three days.

comparison and wear test

The Beauty UK wore pretty well, I was quite disappointed in the Barry M wear time.  I think my Guava has altered slightly with age, it now has a slight yellow tone to it and seems slightly faded, but the two colours are very close, so close I would say you probably only need one, if I was buying this shade again, I would buy the Beauty UK in preference to the Barry M as it wore so much better on me, also on ml for ml comparison (not including any 3 for 2 offers, etc) Beauty UK is cheaper.  Both polishes are readily available on line and on the high street.

I purchased Barry M Guava myself in summer 2013, Beauty UK Tealed with a Kiss was previously provided for review.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.