Wednesday, 3 September 2014

Dotty Skittlette - recreation of It's All About the Polish manicure.

Today's post is my recreation (and slight tweaking) of a Dotty Skittlette design I had pinned on Pinterest for ages.  It has been on my "to do" radar for a while, so when I reached a blank and was looking through images I had pinned this one leapt at me!  I loved this on, the first image below was shown as a sneak preview on my Instagram and has become my most liked post ever!


The original image (below) was by Theresa from It's All About the Polish.  As you can see by comparing the original and my take, I changed a couple of things - I added studs to the plain creme nails and rather than use a glitter for the silver nail, I used a holographic polish.  I had no idea what Theresa had done on her thumb, so I decided to reverse the black and white polishes and have a second dotty nail.






I used China Glaze Sunday Funday for the turquoise creme, my white was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, the black was a-england Camelot, the silver holo was a base of Layla Softouch silver polish, topped with OPI DS Shimmer (too precious to waste by having to apply multiple coats!) My studs are 1.5mm silver studs (to tie in with the holo) and they were purchased by me from SheSellsSeaShells. For top coat I applied firstly a coat of Beauty UK Ultra Gloss top coat  then added a coat of Duri Brush N Go.  Brush N Go is a good, fast drying colour, but it causes drag on dots, so the Ultra Gloss prevented that - apart from a small area on the thumb near the cuticle.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

2 comments:

  1. This is a brilliant manicure - a dottiture and a skittle! Lovely colours also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast between the colors, this skittle mani is a very cute one!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.