Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Nail Arcade Clear Laser Crystal Studs Review.


Today's post features a nail design I actually did for the Crumpet Nail Tarts Pick and Mix Challenge a couple of weeks ago, the three colour gradient prompt, with everything that's been going on (the reason for the impromptu break I have just taken) it's taken until now to post.

The studs I have used were provided by The Nail Arcade (formerly Winterberry Nail Art kits, I reviewed a set previously) they are 1mm crystal laser studs, they move from pink to orange to green.



My gradient was Barry M Guava, Prickly Pear and Chai (combo idea stolen from Ali at Fixin to Faff!) topped with China Glaze Fairy Dust.  I added the studs whilst Fairy Dust was wet and then topcoated (can't remember for definite which top coat I used, probably Rica Glossy Glam as it's great over dots!) The studs remained in place for two days.  The holo accent nail was Kiko 400 and the white base for the dots was OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.


The colour shifting studs, holo glitter and holo nail all really sparkled and changed colour in normal lights, they sometimes go shy in a light box :/


How cute is the heart shaped label??


I have been using a lot of silver and gold studs of late which sit much flatter on the nail, so wearing these seemed a little different as they are raised up a it higher.  They are light enough to stick firmly though, all I did was use them on wet polish and add one coat of topcoat.

They retail at 65p for a bag of 50.  Bargain!  Be sure to have a look at the Nail Arcade Etsy store.  I do have a few other items for review which will be coming over the new few days and weeks. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.