Sunday, 5 October 2014

Swatches of Beauty UK Great Blue Beyond and how I wore it.


Today I have a review of Beauty UK Great Blue Beyond plus some how I wore it photos.

Great Blue Beyond is from the Beauty UK core "Nails" collection, the collection boasts 22 glossy colours which wear amazingly well.  This blue shade has a fab shimmer running through it.

For the swatches below I have two coats of Great Blue Beyond, shown without top coat.





Great Blue Beyond applied very evenly, it has a lovely shimmer.  It wore very well, I applied this on a Wednesday and it was still going strong on a Saturday.  There was no staining caused by this polish.  I have previously done a wear test and comparison using a different "Nails" collection polish, so I expected this to wear well, but it was better than expected as it didn't chip at all.

Beauty UK polishes retail at £2.99 and can be purchased directly online from Beauty UK and are available online and instore at Superdrug.

As for how I wore it, well I almost used the Beauty UK matte top coat over this, but when I initially tried the matte polish over a similar blue shade so wanted to do something different.

This blue seemed perfect to use as a base for Girly Bits Shift Happens, so I added two coats.  Shift Happens is a duochrome topper, going from red through to green with turquiose hints.




I wanted to stamp over this, but didn't do a very a good job of it!  I didn't allow enough time for the top coat to dry the four layers of polish before stamping, so I got some wrinkling, plus my placement was awful!!  Have to show the cinderella hand here as the left hand was better than the right hand!!!  I used Pueen49 and one of the Color Club Halo Hues.


The Beauty UK polish which was the base for this wore really well, Girly Bits always wears well on me too, so this mani lasted amazingly well.  I wore this for three full days,  during the time I had this mani on I filed my nails quite a lot - I decided to try the stiletto shape which is quite popular.  My ring finger on the right hand had started to flare out a lot, the blue photos above show it to some extent, so I thought the new shape may help.

I purchased Shift Happens myself and was provided Great Blue Beyond for review.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

1 comment:

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.