Wednesday, 26 November 2014

SpaRitual Authentically review, swatches and how I wore it.


Have I really been AWOL for 10 days?  So it would seem!  Brief overview: sinuses (again!) and a general apathy towards my nails after filing them round: didn't I learn from the last time? No. No I didn't! So I squared them off shortly after my Halloween nails and generally chilled out and read four books on my kindle over the last two weeks, currently on book five.

Today I have a review of a matte polish from the SpaRitual 2014 Home collection. I was really excited to try this out as this is the first matte polish I have tried by SpaRitual.



Authentically is an enigma of a colour, in some lights I believed it to be a warm pink, in other lights a tomatoey red.  It went on amazingly well and was almost perfect in one coat, but I used two for the pictures.  The matte finish reminds me of some of the high quality indie polishes I love by brands such as Mentality or Manglaze.


One thing I would say about the dense formula is to make sure the cap is tightly closed and only have the bottle open when using as the formula was quite thick, and seemed to thicken around the bottle neck as I wiped the brush.  Sometimes if I am using more than one polish, I tend to leave the bottles open so I can easily come back to that bottle.  The polish is fine now, but it's just one of the more dense formulas.


The polish is very highly pigmented, when cleaning up around the cuticles I had to make sure I wiped the clean up brush after each dip in acetone, otherwise cleaning up could have been messy!

As for how I wore this, well I wondered how this would look with topcoat so I wore it with top coat, and splodged some purple and golden green accents, added glitter and put some gold studs inside purple dots.  I used SpaRitual Electrum and W7 Purple Paradise for the splodges, the glitter is piCture pOlish Rocky.

I have to admit, I preferred this polish as it is intended to be, matte.  I was impressed by the finish as it matches to some of my favourite go - to brands with a shimmery matte finish.   The red tone I see in this seems like it could be great within some Santa Christmas nails. But it is only November so I am not going there yet!!

Authentically is available from www.SpaRitual.co.uk and is priced at £9.75 for 15ml.  SpaRitual polishes are vegan friendly and the brand are free from DBP, toluene and formaldehyde.  The brand has a focus on sustainability and the bottles are made from recycled glass.  At the time of writing this I also noticed there is an offer on the website until December 24th, spend £25 and get a free fragrance mist.  If you are looking for Christmas gifts (eeeek that C-word again....) I have previously reviewed the Protein Boost and Cuti-Cocktail cuticle oils and can wholeheartedly recommend them, for the review I cut my nails right off and within 5 weeks they were a fab length.

Authentically was provided for review, other polishes within this review were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.