Tuesday, 6 January 2015

SpaRitual Cycles - swatches, review, comparison and how I wore it.


Today I have a swatches of SpaRitual Cycles nail polish from the new Spring collection, with a review, a comparison and how I went on to wear it.

Cycles is a lovely bold yet muted mango orange creme.  For the swatches below I used two coats, no base or top coat.


The applicaton of Cycles was very good, the first coat was good coverage although slightly streaky, the second coat evened this up really nicely.  The polish itself was easy to work with, not too runny or thick, minimal clean up was needed.  This creme polish has a superb glossy finish!




I decided to do a quick comparison.  When I first saw this polish I thought it reminded me of Barry M Gelly in Mango, although the picture below shows it bears no similarity.  I had totally forgotten I had OPI Where Did Suzi's Man-go? I won the Copacababies mini set ages ago in a Facebook giveaway and the box has sat on our breakfast bar since... I spotted it by chance and it looked an exact dupe of Cycles in the bottle.  On the nail the OPI polish is slightly brighter, not as muted.  The OPI needed three coats to get an even coverage, whilst Cycles was perfect at two.


I am a huge fan of SpaRitual creme finish polishes, my most worn polishes from last year was Magnify, a bright pink from the Spring Explore collection and Symmetry, a lovely cream nude colour from their Signature collection.  I think this shade will look great on any skin tone too.

SpaRitual are Vegan society approved, using mica for shimmer polishes rather than guanine (fish scales!!!!)  The polishes are 5-free:  no DBP, Toluene, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin or Camphor, so no horrible chemicals in here.  SpaRitual polishes are available through the UK wesbite (if you are registered as a normal customer - not for trade - postage is free of charge.) SpaRitual have a range of permanent colours with an additional 4-6 seasonal collections released each year.  The company devote themselves to being eco-sustainable, with recycled packaging, the nail polish bottles are made from recycled glass.  I rave about the brush each time I review these polishes, so I will summarise, the grip is fab and provides great control, the brush itself is just right.

As for how I wore this... I added some black and white accents.  My top coat ruined my chevron nail, so I tried to patch it up with some stripers and re-topcoat it, so if it looks rough, that's why!  I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and Wet n Wild Black Creme plus chevrons nail vinyls I bought from She Sells Sea Shells.  My nails must have grown as I needed to use a strip of seven where normally I use five!



Finally a bonus photo of Lurch which IG followers and Facebook page likers may have already seen.  Last month I was sorting my polishes and found him sat guarding them!




What colours will you be wearing this spring?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.