Thursday, 24 December 2015

In memory of Angela




Today's mani is a simple purple themed mani which I wore recently in memory of a blogger buddy who passed away.  

Angela of Older Ladies Like Color Too was someone I met via my blog, she often left lovely comments on my posts with the word "huggles" at the end.  I followed her blog and after I "liked" her blog Facebook page she sent me a personal friend request.  

Between her Facebook and blog posts, I kept up to date with what was happening. As Angela was experiencing health troubles there were some gaps in posts.  Angela was diagnosed with a lung cancer and had some major surgery, subsequently she had chemo and radiotherapy which left her feeling quite unwell.  Even whilst dealing with her own battle with the big C, she sent me kind words and supported me whilst hubs was going through his.

Angie's Facebook updates became less frequent over the last couple of months and I was gutted to hear she had lost her battle in November.  In the funeral service notice, I saw there was a request that people attending the service wore purple.  I decided to wear a purple mani that day and the picture above shows what I wore.

On the day of the service, I was looking at my nails and thinking of Angela and her family whilst I was getting ready to go about my day.  I was so distracted in my thoughts that I didn't even notice the shoes I had put on and I went to work in entirely odd shoes!

One polish I have which will forever remind me of Angela is Girly Bits Blue Eyed Beer Drinking Music Loving Lawyer.  I was going through as stressful period and posted about this polish, Angela left a lovely comment and I later saw her post about the same polish.



Angela has friends the world over, people who she has supported when they were going through tough times, even though she was dealing with her own pain and health issue.  She will be sadly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.