Sunday, 21 February 2016

Retirement

Nothing to Disclose

Last week I read this post by Debbie Crumpet and really recognised myself in there.

Has the time come for me to quit? I am not sure. I used to enjoy the time I spent blogging and doing blog related stuff, but am now finding it feels a chore. I had this happen once before and took a month off, came back renewed. It has been a month since I last posted, but I don't feel renewed now!


Just setting up the light box and camera are a lot of hassle, so I switched to using my phone a while ago, but then still found cropping photographs and writing posts to be another chore.

I found myself comparing my photos with those taken by others and getting frustrated that mine are not as clear, that the background is not as bright white.  I also have found myself in awe of some of the Instagram accounts who have thousands of followers and no time blog posts to write (green eye monster times!)

The final nail in the coffin (all puns intended) has been the issues I had with my nails lifting, I have been through the cycle three times in two years. My hands were a mess for ages, ironically now they have just become a lot better.

I still do paint my nails, once maybe twice a week. Sometimes I do nail art, sometimes a plain mani. Most times now I wear my polish til it is raggedy, I don't change it daily anymore. I can't believe I used to spend time on nail art, photograph it, then remove it and do them again to make sure I had plenty of photos to share.

I understand why so many bloggers I followed have disappeared, reduced what they participate in or reduced their post frequency.

I have made a decision that I am retiring my wordy blog, I will keep it here for reference and in future I will just share photos on my Instagram: EmsLittleCorner

When my vanity domain expires in September, I have no intention to renew it, so the blog address will revert to www.EmsLittleCorner.blogspot.co.uk


3 comments:

  1. I totally understand and am in the same boat (which is getting to be a bigger boat daily!). Interesting to see a bunch of us leaving at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've no idea if you will see this, but just wanted to let you know that I have just discovered your blog and will be ploughing through all the archived posts. I got into nail art "late" and had a ton of blogs bookmarked, but the hassle of just trying to keep my nails in decent condition was too much for me and I've let my supplies (that I spent a fortune on) languish unused for a couple of years.

    A few days ago I decided to dig them back out, painted my nails with a very pretty glitter polish that was previously unused, and remembered that I really like having painted nails. I'm now going to slowly work my way through my stash and get rid of at least 75% of it. I did, however, find this blog by searching for "nail art nubbins" and I'm sure I will find some inspiration here.

    I never even considered blogging my nail art, but I have in the past blogged my sewing and I know how much it can drain all the fun out of a hobby. Just wanted to let you know that your work wasn't in vain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Joolz, I still dabble a bit when I can be bothered, I post on IG now as I can share straight to other social media from there. It was the time involved that took the fun out of it. Since then I have had my marriage breakdown too so that took the fun out of everything. But through everything, my nails are always painted, even if it is just a plain single colour!

      Delete

Comments are welcome, I have approval on so I do read and appreciate all comments left.